Student eligibility requirements:
To be eligible to access Summer Skills training, a person must first meet Smart and Skilled eligibility:
- Lives or works in NSW (determined by postcode of the usual place of residence or place of work);
Is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student who does not live or work in NSW but lives in specific defined interstate NSW border
areas is eligible for government-subsidised training under Smart and Skilled (as identified in the list set out in the Smart and Skilled
Operating Guidelines); and
Meets one of the following:
- an Australian citizen; or a permanent Australian resident; or
- a New Zealand citizen; or
- a humanitarian visa holder or a partner visa holder whose sponsor is a humanitarian visa holder; and
- is aged 15 years or older; and
- is no longer in secondary education - except for registered home school students
AND also, be one of the following:
- Leaving school permanently in 2022, i.e., Year 11 and 12 school leavers; or
- Not at school in 2022 and no more than 24 years old.
NOTE: Courses noted with * require students to bring 100 points of original identification on all days of training. For all course,
students are required to bring at least 1 form of photo ID and their USI for enrolment.
Please contact our Training Support Team should you have any questions about Summer Skills courses or the enrolment process.